Current Wellness Initiatives:
MAY – Step Challenge
- Step Challenge – As part of our on-going wellness initiative, Human Resources invites all employees to participate in a Step Challenge during the month of May. Simply log your steps every day for 31 days and turn in your log sheet at the end of the month to be entered into a prize drawing (with some really great prizes!). See the attached flyer for challenge rules, prize incentives, and other detailed information. The step log is also attached for you to save and complete. You must turn in your step log to Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. Thursday, June 1 to be entered in the prize drawing.
- As stated in this FAQ, you can count any and all steps taken throughout the day. If you need a little help getting your steps in, consider walking/hiking a local outdoor trail during the (hopefully!) beautiful month of May. This link maps out hiking/walking trails in parks around the area: Link to Park Trail Maps.
- Chair Massage – Through Anthem’s wellness funding, the university has partnered with Zeel to provide a day of therapeutic chair massage to employees. Research supports the physical and mental benefits of therapeutic chair massage including improved circulation, body relaxation, and stress reduction. Sign-up is required as spots are limited. Take time today to schedule 15 minutes to show appreciation to yourself!
- DATE: Wednesday, May 17
- TIME: 10:30am – 4pm
- LOCATION: Joseph C. Shouvlin Center, Room 207
- SIGN-UP: http://www.zeel.com/book-at-work/chair_start/A3XXseXbtE5xKHQg5UyNiuz7VCJSm59YhDptX9Fb9ciAKTzJnO9BeB
- This sign-up link requires you to create an account with Zeel. Keep your login information for future events! Add your phone number to receive a reminder text 10-minutes before your massage.
- Yoga – The yoga session meets every Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 1pm in Recitation Hiller Chapel beginning Tuesday, April 4 until Thursday, June 8. Please complete the participation forms linked below. Bring a yoga mat and water bottle. Chair yoga is being accommodated for those interested. Participants who attend 80% of yoga classes will receive a yoga related prize!
- RSVP here to receive updates: www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0E48A8AF23A46-yoga
Upcoming Wellness Initiatives:
Details coming soon!
- OCTOBER – Flu Vaccine Clinic
Previous Wellness Initiatives:
- FEBRUARY – The Importance of Self-Care
- MARCH – Hydration Challenge and Mobile Mammography
- APRIL – Yoga, Lunch & Learn, Financial Literacy, and City Nature Challenge
- Headspace - Promoting overall health and well-being, this award-winning mindfulness and sleep application offers users 1,000+ hours of content designed to help manage stress, fall asleep, exercise mindfully, remain focused, and more.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – The University's Life & Disability provider, MetLife, contracts with LifeWorks U.S., Inc. to provide EAP Services to Wittenberg employees and their immediate family members. Please see the Employee Assistant Program flyer for additional information.
- Anthem’s Sydney App (for employees enrolled in Anthem’s medical plan)
- Anthem’s Live Health Online
- Anthem Behavioral Health: "Learn To Live" program flier
- Anthem Behavioral Health: "Learn to to Live" program (video)
- Additional Resources & Counseling Services in Clark County
Submit Wellness Ideas:
- Please submit feedback HERE
- Anthem COVID-19 Resource Center
- Project Woman Lunch & Learn: Domestic Violence
- Managing Depression
- Heart Health
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Preventive Care
- Substance Abuse/Misuse
Please call Human Resources at (937) 327-7517 if you have any questions about your wellness benefits.