The regular academic year at Wittenberg is divided into two semesters (fall, spring) of 16 weeks each; the 16th week is for final examinations. 维滕贝格还举办暑期课程. 点击这里 暑期课程信息.
At Wittenberg the unit of academic credit is the semester credit.
- The successful completion of 126 credits is a requirement for graduation.
- 累计平均绩点2分.000 for all work completed at Wittenberg University and for all coursework used to meet the requirements of declared major and minor programs are requisites for graduation.
- At least 32 credits and 50% of the credits for all coursework in the major must be completed while in residence at Wittenberg University. The student must be in residence for at least one of the last two semesters.
- The student must maintain an acceptable rate of progress toward meeting both the cumulative grade average and the total semester hours required for graduation as defined in the standards for academic progress.
The University is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Wittenberg's policies regarding student records are in accordance with provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. 点击这里了解更多信息
A typical 4-credit hour class meets three hours per week, normally in one of three patterns: Three 1-hour (MWF), 两个1.5小时(TTH)，或一个3小时周期. 一些课程可能会在每天的基础上进行. 有些还安排了额外的实验时间.
Titles of all courses are preceded by a three-digit number. Usually the courses at the 100-level are introductory courses, 没有部门先决条件, 介绍基本技能, 技术, 概念, 或者这个领域的问题. 课程 numbered from 200 to 299 continue the introduction to the field beyond the 100-level or introduce the field by focusing on a major area in the field. There may be 200-level courses that are 开放 normally to first-year students.
|*No Credit Earned (Replaces F to D+ inclusive for the Pass/Fail option)||NC||0.000|
|*满意的, Work in Progress (Replaces all grades from C- to A+ inclusive for the Pass/Fail option)||X||0.000|
*通过/失败选项 - a student may elect one course a semester under the Pass/Fail Option as long as the student is registered for a minimum of 15 credits. The election is to be made during the third week of the semester. Forms must be completed and delivered to the 注册商's Office by the deadline. Neither the S nor the NC mark has any impact on the semester or the cumulate GPAs. Once elected, the Pass/Fail Option cannot be changed. Students must be aware that graduate and professional schools increasingly count an S mark as a C when evaluating transcripts.
- A student may not elect the Pass/Fail Option in course work of declared major programs.
- This option may be used for courses related to the major program ONLY at the discretion of the chair of the major department.
- In case a student changes the declared major in which one or more courses already have been completed with a mark of S, such courses may be counted toward the requirements of the new major only with the written approval of the chair of the new department, 须送交注册主任的函件.
- A Pass/Fail course with the mark of NC is NOT counted toward the minimum number of credits required for graduation.
不完整的年级 - The mark I (不完整的) is given only at the end of a semester in which course work has not been completed because of illness or other circumstances beyond the control of the student. The mark of I must be removed no later than the end of the eighth week of the next semester, or it automatically becomes an F or NC (No Credit).
标记X (令人满意的, Course work in Progress) is given only at the end of a semester for certain kinds of course work that may properly carry over more than one semester. The X is replaced by a final grade at the end of the grading period in which the work involved is completed.
标记L -(经审核课程)适用于, by petitioning the instructor and the 注册商's Office, 是否获得旁听课程的许可. 经审核的课程作业不获学分.
NR标志 - (没有报告) indicates that a grade is missing or has been left blank. The mark is replaced by the appropriate grade when the 注册商 officially is notified of a change.
W的标记 -(退出)表示学生, after filing a Change of 登记 form with the 注册商's Office, has official withdrawn from a course after the fifth week of the semester and before the beginning of the 11th week of the semester. This mark also is used when a student is suspended during the course of a semester for other than academic reasons.
一年级的例外 First-year students in the first semester of their enrollment, 不包括转学生, may withdraw late from one course and receive the mark of “W” for that course, 直到正式上课的最后一天. Students should submit the withdrawal to the 司法常务官办公室, 不能晚于上课的最后一天. Should a student fail or use their first-year exception for FYS, the student will be required to pass an additional 4-credit course supporting LO2 of the General Education Program.
- 参考电流 学术目录 欲知详情